1st May 2016- Oftentimes, a fresh graduate choose to take a break while waiting for graduation or before facing the reality I would say. I ain't one of them, I dislike the feeling of not doing anything. To me, I'm at the age to learn and gain at my best. Almost 1 year since I left uni, there's no any sign of regrets for not pursuing a degree. Yet, I'm enjoying every bit of reality. I made this choice & I hope this is a right choice forever.
I secured myself with a non-related field part-time job and eventually turned to full-time. A valuable experience! It is the 10th month already! So, how does it feels like being a working adult at young age ?
1. You'll start to be the busiest person, ever.
Depending on the job you choose, once you start working, you'll feel 24 hours a day is never enough. That indescribable tiredness that makes no time for catching up session with friends, maybe lesser time with family too.
2. You'll be less active in social media than before.
I used to be very active in social media, but not now anymore. An Instagram update only after two months. Sometimes even too lazy to scroll Facebook, not knowing anything until a catch up session with friends, 'Oh I missed out a lot!'... I'm not kidding.
3. You hardly meet those faces-that-you-used-to-meet-often.
This annual meet up is real...or few months once?
4. You'll miss home-cooked meal.
If you are working outstation like me, a home cooked meal after a long while is probably the best. Better than a fine dining that cost a bomb. Days when you are too tired working till you have no time for a proper meal & sick of out eating out.
If you are working outstation like me, a home cooked meal after a long while is probably the best. Better than a fine dining that cost a bomb. Days when you are too tired working till you have no time for a proper meal & sick of out eating out.
5. You'll miss free rides.
No one's gonna be there for you 24/7 fetching you everywhere (You might be the lucky one percent out of 100%). So please be independent and learn to drive, conquer that fear for those who has yet to drive. Free rides? Yes please! I absolutely love it.
6. You'll love grocery shopping, maybe yes, maybe no.
Get some groceries and spend some time in the kitchen for a comfort meal. Yes, I love doing this once in a while.
7. Days without alarm is a simple blessing.
Well, if you are one that need to fulfil working hours and need to be punctual at work, you'll definitely feel how important a day without alarm is. Sometimes, it's like a dream.... to roll on the bed.
8. You'll get more attention more than others, maybe.
Just like me, being the youngest among colleagues (used to be but now a guy is trying to be younger than me, haha jks he really is), you'll tend to receive more guidance and guidance etc. Just maybe, you are new to the society, and there's a lot to expose. It's okay to let them laugh at you, you'll eventually learn. If you have nice colleagues, then you are as lucky as I am! I'm proud to be that little and shortest (maybe yes, maybe no) girl at work hehe !
9. You'll miss lazy outfits.
Lazy outfit days are the most comfortable no? The need to dress up appropriately everyday, be it formal or semi formal, you'll simply put on a loose top and shorts when it comes to day off. Like 'finally'.
All these to prove that you are at another stage of life, with commitments and most importantly, self-satisfaction. It's okay to rant, as long as it's worthy.
Happy Labour day to myself & ya'll ! xx
(Fact: I always tell my friend I'm living an aunt life but hey this life is so fulfilling. Some might have experience this, to those who haven't, these days will really come :p)
''Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life"
''Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life"

No comments:
Post a Comment