Friday, December 12, 2014

Tips/Information for a Bangkok Vacation



Hello guys! I'm finally back again to update my dead blog. Life has been really really busy that I don't have sufficient time to spare for my blog :/ Semester 4 is horrifying but I'm glad we all survived! I only have a week break before I start off my internship hence my schedule is indeed pack. Yes, I'm back from a Bangkok vacation & I have some tips/ useful information for you guys since some people around me be will be travelling to Bangkok soon :) I've experienced all this so I'm here to share to you!



1. Plan your itinerary 

Some people love spontaneous but some people prefer good management. I am somehow both, depends on circumstances. Anyhow, my advice for you is to plan your itinerary. Even though I did not follow my itinerary as planned for all days, but it is still a useful one. MUST INCLUDE name, address & the contact number of the place you are going to visit. As some taxi drivers or tuktuk do not know the direction, they will get the contact number from you to call the respective place and they will eventually know the way.  

2. Get a Sim Card for 7 days unlimited internet access

I'm not sure about you but I'm definitely a social addict that can't live without internet haha :p You can purchase a sim card at 7-11 / Family Mart for only 300baht (RM30). With this card, they have limited minutes to call internationally and unlimited usage of data for 7 days. You only need to add +6 to call back Malaysia. They have it all sim card sizes. 



3. Bring a plug adapter 
A plug with two round pins or flat pins is needed for power supply. The charger we normally use is too big for the socket to Thailand. Hence, a plug adapter must attached to it first. You can purchase it 7-11 / Family Mart for 25baht (RM2.50) only. 



4. Try not to take TukTuk / Taxi Motor
We are strictly advised not to take tuktuk or taxi motor in Thailand as both are dangerous. I have a friend who got snatched during her Bkk Trip recently. BE SAFE BE ALERT! My alternatives are walk, taxi or BTS (skytrain). I did take tuktuk for twice but it was during the day time so it is safer because my legs are too sore to walk. Choose meter taxi or always bargain the price (If they don't use meter to certain places) before you get into the taxi. 

5. Bring MORE CASH AND MOREEEE CASH! 
You can't predict the amount you will spending in this shopping paradise. Change your MYR to BAHT in Malaysia first as the rate is slightly higher. Also, bring MYR with you incase you finish your BAHT then you can exchange in Bangkok. Money exchangers are everywhere. I exchange mine at Siam Exchange Centre because the rate is higher than most of the exchange centre. 

6. Activate your Debit Card International ATM
Incase you finish your BAHT and MYR, the last alternative is your debit card. No matter which bank card you are using, the money you withdraw is still BAHT. They will automatically charge you the rate (According to bank itself) and 180 baht (RM18) for a surcharge. Try to withdraw at K Bank atm machine because the rate they charge is lower. MAKE SURE you ACTIVATE your debit card international ATM option through online banking beforehand. In my case, I did not activate and never thought about this so I had trouble withdrawing money. It was such a hassle... so my mum had to activate my Digi number to international line. You have to activate this international ATM in maybank2u (Seek for advise from the Bank if you are unsure how to activate it). The reason why I need international line is because this activation requires TAC number (The Tac number is sent to my DIGI number). 


7. A comfortable footwear
I did not bring any slippers because I wanted to get a pair of nice sandals. My legs hurt so much.. I can't get myself a nice pair at the first few days so I continue walking in my flats till I really can't take it anymore, I simply purchase a pair of slipper there. So slipper is the best choice of footwear afterall. The reason I want a pair of nice footwear with me is because, I thought I would be visiting to sky bar lolll.

8. Thin Clothing
No long sleeves, no sweater no hoodie. The weather is freaking hot that I complaint so much throughout the trip. SO HOT OK. Bring a pair of sunnies too hehe. 

9. Toiletries
You don't have to bring any, you can purchase the travel size toiletries at 7-11. It is very cheap !! Sunblock is a must too! I think I'm a lil tanned after this trip. 

10. Bring a photocopy passport
For money exchange, a passport is a MUST. I did not bring mine when I wanted to exchange and I was too lazy to walk a long distance so I approached a couple of foreigner for help. I didn't want to bring my passport as I'm afraid I will drop it somewhere else. So a passport copy would be good.

That's all for my Bangkok Trip post. I'll share more about the places I visit soon! :)

Before I back Ipoh for internship, had a #preinternshipgathering & #posteventcelebration with my fellow course mates. Mass comm students rule ! :D Strike for the best guys ! :) 

Add caption


No comments:

Post a Comment